Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: My story of filing IT returns #TaxPledge Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Friday 15 July 2016

My story of filing IT returns #TaxPledge




I am glad to have the opportunity to write down why is filing tax returns so important for every individual. We often feel that we don't fall in the tax bracket and hence we cannot be taxed but this is not true. Whether working or not working, every individual who owns a PAN card and earns an amount that falls in the tax bracket is charged TDS for the same.

 

I'll share my story with you and how I filed my IT return online. Last year, my income fell in the tax bracket due to which I was charged TDS which was more than the amount I had to pay and the same was deducted from my account. I realized it quite late and was confused about how to file IT return online. A collegue of me explained me the basics of filing an e-return in few minutes and it was so simple. I just needed to login to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and enter my PAN card details. My income details were all linked to my PAN card and I could already see the statement which mentioned all the necessary details I had to enter in my form. I then took a print out of my ITR-V form and posted it to the Income Tax Department. After few months, the amount was credited to my bank account and the process was very simple while earlier I had a misconception that I would need to enter each detail manually which was not the case here. I was taxed an amount more than the required sum and hence filing a return was beneficial. For those who don't have an internet connection, it is better to download the ITR form from the website itself and then fill in the details and get your ITR-V printed and posted to the IT department office. You'll get the return soon afterwards.

 





With H&R introducing the #TaxPledge activity, it has become easier and beneficial for us to file returns. H&R along with Freecharge has introduced a campaign where by every person who files an IT return via Freecharge gets a Rs. 200 cashback. Isn't this a great opportunity for all of us? I have also filed my return this year with Freecharge and H&R and I pledge to all those who haven't yet done it to do so soon.


I’m taking the #TaxPledge to file IT returns with the easy Income Tax efiling option from H&R Block at BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment