Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: Law Student #MyInternTheory Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Friday 29 April 2016

Law Student #MyInternTheory

I was a student of Government Law College, Mumbai. Attendance was compulsory but the atmosphere was calm. We were a group of friends and we used to attend lectures regularly and during breaks, we used to go to the canteen. After college, we used to go out to a nearby cafe and hangout with friends. The cafeteria was just opposite the college and was crowded with all students who used to sit there and bunk lectures. We used to also plan our study schedule while chatting and this group study helped us a lot before our internship began. We used to read books in the library and follow regular cases from time to time depending on what topic we have chosen and then argue on different points as well. This was like our pre-internship phase where we actually started learning about the real world and getting to know the complexity of our job.

Before I actually joined a law firm, I was asked to take up mock cases and they were cases dealing with strong topics like molestation cases, robbery, half-murder cases and this was because I had chosen Criminal Law and had an interest as the same. The papers that were sent to me as reference were actual legal cases and I had to read the points given as a defense and had to make a note of it. Each case was different from the other and I had to thoroughly study these cases before joining the firm. It was a part of my internship program as well and these all studies would help me in my job as well. It was a very tough thing to do as many cases were such which were still on hold and incomplete. Every month, the firm made me submit my thesis and I used to get nervous to do so as sometimes my study also was incomplete. They used to review my work and have a discussion about the points I did not understand. My employer was quite cooperative and hence it was easier for me to understand my mistakes and the cases as well.

I can say that internship is not as easy as it sounds but it is a phase of our life where  we can afford to make mistake as it's a learning phase of ours. It's a training that we get before we actual enter the professional world and hence for every student, the internship program may be for 3-6 months depending on how fast we learn.




I’m sharing my first internship experience for the #MyInternTheory activity at BlogAdda in association with Intern Theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment