Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: DearZindagi - Owe you to our soldiers Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Saturday 5 November 2016

DearZindagi - Owe you to our soldiers



 

Dear Zindagi,

 

                        I’m a middle aged woman and I have always wondered about life being so complicated due to my personal and professional problems but for the past few years, my viewpoint towards you has changed. I used to feel that I owe you as you have kept me breathing till now and you are in my hands and my responsibility. But it was in 2008 that I realized that I owe you to the soldiers of our country, India.

 

                        It was November 26, 2008 when I heard the news of bomb blasts in Mumbai and since I reside in Mumbai, I started trembling on hearing the news. I read about so many lives lost at CST station and that day marked the worst ever days of my life where I witnessed so many people dying and being killed mercilessly. I had lost hope in humanity that day and the tears in my eyes couldn’t stop flowing as my heart bled for those people.

 

                        It was then when the news reports showed how our police forces sent a red alert throughout the city and started the search operation to kill down the terrorists. My belief in humanity was retained when Tukaram Ombale sacrificed his life to catch the terrorists and he did this all for us, for saving our lives. Hearing about him facing the terrorists by his own and following them fearlessly and bravely makes him a jewel in my eyes. He followed those terrorists and then was shot by them but still he fought them bravely and gave up his life. It was because of his sacrifice that our police force caught one terrorist alive. I then saw how the entire police force and the soldiers of India united that day and entered the buildings and hotels to protect our lives. It was a proud moment for me when I saw how much they cared for our country and each life lost that day was a part of humanity dying.

 

 

 

                        After watching what happened that day, there came reports of so many attacks which took so many lives of our country and each life lost means my life, my zindagi is owed to them. The recent Uri attack too shook the nation and made us again respect them for their sacrifices. Had they not been there, we would have not been here. They join the army to protect their nation and country people and hence, my life is their gift and hence I owe it completely to them. I owe you Zindagi to the brave soldiers of my country who fight day and night on the borders to keep us safe and their sacrifices will always be remembered.

 

                        I used to keep thinking that we are responsible for our own lives but these incidents changed my perspective towards you, Zindagi. I learned that these angels 24/7 stand on the borders and fight those terrorists and evil forces by facing them and because of them we are still breathing and are able to live peacefully in our cities.

 

                        I’m sorry but I can’t thank you for being a part of me but I thank my soldiers and police forces that it’s because of them, you are a part of me. Jai Hind!

 

Love,

Luiza F….


I am writing a letter to life for the #DearZindagi activity at BlogAdda

No comments:

Post a Comment