Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: Stop judging women and appreciate them - #IAmCapable Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Friday 12 February 2016

Stop judging women and appreciate them - #IAmCapable

I'm happy that Nihar Naturals and Blogadda have chosen a topic that is close to my heart. I keep talking to my family members about this judgmental view of the society and I have always noticed that when it comes to women, the society mainly only judges the look of a person and rates them as per their beauty. This has been happening for years and only with women which leads to a discrimination.


Personal experience:

I myself have two daughters and both are good looking and reserved but for me more than their looks, I care about their upbringing and knowledge which is useful for them in life. I have given them the best education and upbringing as I was capable of it and never taught them to judge others based on their looks but there are many people who differentiate between girls based on their looks. I've never stopped them from wearing jeans or skirts and they are free to wear what they want.


I have often heard from women in my neighbourhood that since my daughters are good looking and since they wear salwars and long dresses, they would get a good looking husband and decent husband too but I have told them that more than looks and their clothes, the upbringing and behavior of a person matters the most. Looks do not remain with a person forever but if a person is capable of getting recognition, he/she will get the best life partners irrespective of their looks. There should be a mutual understanding and respect that should exist in a relationship.
 
Real life examples:
If we look at Bollywood couples, there are so many couples who have proved that looks are not all that matter but the main thing is love and respect. However, when a couple breaks up, people immediately jump in to find the reason and the best reason they can get is looks.


When Hrithik and Suzzane got divorced, the reason which a famous newspaper brand gave was looks. Hrithik being more handsome and good looking than his wife was quoted as a reason and that was the most shocking and weird thing for me. What has looks got to do when a couple gets divorced? They were married because they love each other but people judge everyone based on looks in today's time.
 




Coming to another Bollywood couple who were again talked about based on looks. It's none other than the famous couple of Bollywood, Aishwaria Rai and Abhishek Bachchan. Aishwaria being the most beautiful woman of our country and Abhishek being an average look man were spoken about as people said that they won't stay long as the wife looks better than the husband. Contradicting their statement, the couple are more than happy with each other today and have proved the speculation wrong.
 



Another person who was judged on basis of her looks was Smita Patil as she wasn't a charming beauty of Bollywood and many underestimated her based on that. However, she surpassed all the criticism and became one of the best actresses of Bollywood and one of the most successful actresses as well. She proved that talent is all that matters and not looks.



Here are the statistics of Nihar Naturals:
a. 69% of men agree that their judgement of women is based on their looks.
b. 64% of women agree that the judgments passed on them have affected their ability to reach their true potential.
c. 70%of women agree that majority of judgments on women are from family members or friends rather than strangers.
d. 72% of women agree that working women face more judgments on their looks or their clothes than housewives.
I’m breaking stereotypes based on appearance by sharing my experience for the #IAmCapable activity at BlogAdda in association with Nihar Naturals.

No comments:

Post a Comment