Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: We learn what we see at home #ShareTheLoad Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Saturday 27 February 2016

We learn what we see at home #ShareTheLoad


This topic has been discussed a lot in my family and among my friends too as every house has the same story to say. Since I come from a middle class family where my mom was a homemaker. She wasn't educated and hence couldn't fetch a job outside. She used to stitch clothes at home and earn for the family. In my case, I studied law and was working before I got married. As my husband belonged to a upper middle class family, he asked me to leave my job and work at home only. I had kids as well to look after and I used to feel lonely at home when my kids used to work out and my only pass time was my work at home. I used to spend my time learning new dishes everyday.



Watching the advertisement, I remembered my father who had a different view towards women and men working at home. We were two sisters and he never treated us less as we both were his two eyes and he loved us equally. I used to see him working in a school and when he used to come home, he used to support his wife in the housework and cut the vegetables and wash the clothes. We dint own a washing machine at that time and all clothes were washed by hand and my father used to take up this responsibility as he did not know how to cook. He brought me up with dignity and told me that there is no job that a woman cannot do and man can do despite the physical ability. He used to believe that every man has to do his own work and not depend on the woman of the house to do all the work. However, he accepted the fact that when his daughters get married, they need to learn how to do the housework and that's what even I learnt at a young age.



I did not ever feel the burden on my own at home but I did agree that men also should share the responsibilities with the women of the house and hence I taught my son also to take care of his own room. The same has been passed on to the new generation and now my grand kids also clean their room, take care of their clothes and have learned how to atleast make breakfast. I support this #ShareTheLoad campaign of Ariel and wish that everyone does the same.


I am joining the Ariel #ShareTheLoad campaign at BlogAdda and blogging about the prejudice related to household chores being passed on to the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment