Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: My daughter's pregnancy journey #YummyMummy Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Saturday 7 May 2016

My daughter's pregnancy journey #YummyMummy

Now times have changed and people no longer ask their friends or family members for tips or advise during pregnancy. They refer to online websites or online apps to fetch the latest information. Even sonography and other medical tests are done at home. While my daughter was pregnant, she could take her pregnancy test at home itself with Preganews and then she took out a test via our family doctor to confirm the news. It has become so simple these days.


My daughter was able to monitor her baby bump as well and she used to come and tell me that her baby bump should increase by so many inches and during which month as well and that use to amaze me about the new technical generation. She used to use an app that used to morph pictures of her and her husband and give a result of how her baby would look like. I used to tell her to not trust such apps as they can give inaccurate results but the smile on her face while imaging her baby was worth cherishing.


I bought new clothes for the baby and we had already started searching for baby names if it was a boy or girl from the internet itself. I had an old "Baby names" book which I told her to refer and she wanted the name to be different rather than begin with the initials of her and her husband. My daughter used to still ask me for health related advise with regards to the ladoos that I used to eat during my pregnancy and the soups I used to drink. She started consuming the same and it used to give her a good relief.


My daughter used to rarely complain about the pain she used to get and she was quite healthy during her pregnancy that have me a relief too. She used to get to know when the baby is moving and she used to keep talking to the baby. It was her husband too who used to communicate with the baby and doctors say that the baby does hear what we speak or talk during our pregnancy. She had bought some child elated books and stories that she used to keep reading for the baby.


During her delivery, I accompanied her throughout along with her husband and there were slight complications due to which the delivery was taking even longer. I stood besides her and caressed her face and she finally saw her son wrapped in a white cloth and smiled. I became a grandmother that moment and we all held each other's hands welcoming the new member of our family.


I’m writing about my wonderful journey of pregnancy for the#YummyMummy blogging activity at BlogAdda in association with Marico Bio Oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment