Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: SachchiAdvice by a Boss Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Wednesday 23 September 2015

SachchiAdvice by a Boss

 

It's is only our parents who give us a true advise that makes us a better human and makes us prosper in life but sometimes there are people whom we barely know in our life and they give us an advise that helps us improve financially as well as personally.

 

 

One such person in my life was my boss whom I used to work for. I joined him when I was an intern and while I was graduating. I learn how to practice in the court by taking his advise and later when I completed my graduation, I decided to practice independently and my boss was not quite happy about my decision. While I took my documents and other stuff from the desk, he called me to his desk and asked me to sit down for a while. I sat across the table feeling nervous as I felt he might scold me for leaving his job. He made me comfortable and handed me a glass of water. After few moments, he started asking me about my plans while working as a Lawyer and what would be the fees I have set for each work. I told him I was unsure about my charges and initially I would work for just a small price as I was still a newbie. He told me that it was a good decision as Lawyers have to struggle a lot in their initial stages and hence they need to charge as low as possible and then hike their prices. He also told me that I should always take the money first from my clients and never to take cases where the client decides to pay after the work as the clients then do not turn up for payment and it would be my loss which I spend for the paper work and typing. I noted down whatever he advised me as it was of great help while working.

 

His advise was indeed very helpful as when I started getting clients, most of them used to make excuses of paying later while I followed my boss's advise and only took the money first whether it was a family friend who was my client or a stranger. This helped me to earn my living initially and then when I hiked my prices, I started earning a lot of money with which I managed to get my own house in just 5 years. I thank my boss for this as while I always took the payment first, my friends used to take their fees later and they many a times got cheated and had to incur a lot of loss. I am grateful to my boss and will always be so.

“I am participating in the #SachchiAdvice Contest by MaxLife in Association with BlogAdda.”

No comments:

Post a Comment