Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: My experience at Lloyd Sheroes Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Sunday 28 August 2016

My experience at Lloyd Sheroes

Yesterday, I attended the LLOYD SHEROES Summit and had a great experience overall. There were many speakers whose insight and experience helped me a lot to rethink my career goals and get to know how can I prove myself as a women professional. Here are some points that I would like to share:


The event started with writers like Apurv Nagpal and Bhawna Mohile speaking about getting women to write for their book 18+ and Urjita Kulkarni spoke about her family supporting her career and why women shouldn't suppress their choices to write bold content. It was really interesting to know that there are women who are confident about their talent and are brave enough to write abut sex humor and content. The writers also spoke about pen names of women writers as they do not prefer to write their real names on books. Since I also am a premature writer and write short stories, it really motivated me to begin my career as a writer and not have any second thoughts on the same.





The second session had Nipun Singhal, Shijini Kumar and Reena Chabbra who spoke about their career experience and I got to know many interesting facts when Shijini mentioned how Paytm focuses on age groups between 15-35 using digital media and that she wants to introduce a feature that helps women working late nights and gives them an option to recharge their mobile easily. It was inspiring to know how Shijini and Reena spoke about women customers and related to their thoughts and likings. Even Nipun spoke about how his company has introduced a unisex machine due to the sexism that exists.









The third session had a mixture of a spiritual essence and humor where Sonam Kalra made us watch a video of her latest album and it really touched my heart. She spoke about her journey as a singer of Sufi Gospel. Neeti Palta's session was just great as it was filled with humor and being thoughtful. She made me think about sexism that exists in every field as she spoke about how female comedians are asked about their humor content and questioned in terms of talent compared to male comedians.



The fourth session was really interesting as it had speakers like Sonali Roy Chowdhary, Rega Jha, Deepali Nair and Neha Motwani wherein they explained how women taking maternity leaves and their experience while working in a male dominated sector. It was interesting to hear how women face so many barriers while working and how a male founder is considered better than a female founder. It made me realize that women need to work very hard to gain the confidence of clients and it matters in cases where women lead businesses.

 

 

The fifth session had the very famous personality Venky Mysore who spoke about his experience with KKR and how he brought a change in the entire team to make it a successful one. He also added humorous elements while talking about his meetings with Shahrukh Khan and Jai Mehta and how did he land up from a cooperate world to the entertainment and cricket world.





Last but not the least, we had three women entrepreneurs who spoke about their brands and businesses and how they plan to be innovative and monetize their business. We also heard Varun Grover who claimed to be a feminist more than a meninist and his personal experience when it comes to sex being treated and spoken about with children being around and it being considered a boon.



Overall, every session was very interesting and I got to hear famous business entrepreneurs talk about their experience and make me feel that I could also be one of them if I take up the right opportunities and prove myself.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment