Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: When I met him...My idol, my inspiration, my hero...Rajesh Khanna WOW Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Sunday 28 August 2016

When I met him...My idol, my inspiration, my hero...Rajesh Khanna WOW

"Hello, Luiza" I hear a voice from behind as I pick up roses from a garden and I turn behind to trace the voice. I see two eyes of a man walking in the midst of fog approaching me and the roses slip from my hand.

 

"Ra...Ra...Rajesh Khanna..." My voice trembles and eyes refuse to blink as I notice that the man is none other than Bollywood's first superstar, Rajesh Khanna.

 

Rajesh Khanna approaches me and stands in front of me with a smile on his face and I keep watching the twinkle in his eyes. As I try to realize what's happening and try to come to my senses, tears start trickling down my cheeks. I watch his hands moving upwards, towards my cheek and I move backwards in a start. The voice says "Luiza, mujhse yeh aasoon nahin dekhe jaate (I cannot see these tears) ... I hate tears."

 

I keep watching his face as it glows and say "I always wanted to meet you, Sir. I so wanted to meet you...But you left this world....Couldn't control my tears." Rajesh replies saying "Call my Rajesh, Luiza. I am your friend. Your babumushoi."

 

As he talks to me, his voice keeps going deeper and our conversation continues as I can't stop my tears from flowing. "Why? Why did you leave this world? I can't bear this pain. You were just 69 and as I do every year, I wanted to celebrate your 70th birthday by offering a mass for you in my church. I couldn't believe that you left this world so soon."

 

Rajesh smiles again and replied "Babumushoi, zindagi aur maut upar waale ke haath hai ... usse na toh aap badal sakte hai na main ... hum sab to rangmanch ki kathputliyan hai jinki dor upar waale ki ungliyon mein bandhi hai (My friend, life and death is in the hands of God ... you can't change it and neither can I ... we all are puppets of the theater whose string is tied in the fingers of God)"

 

"That's true." I say and smile remembering the olden days when I was his crazy fan girl. "Why the hidden laughter? Wouldn't you share it with me?" I look at him and my eyes meet his and I say "I know Rajesh that you must have had lakhs of fan girls and must have heard this several times but today I want to tell you how much I loved you, you were my hero. I come from a middle-class family and hence mom used to not give me much pocket money but I used to collect few paise everyday from my school pocket money to watch your movie in the theater. May it be Ittefaq, Do Raaste or Anand and many more, I watched most of your movies First Day First Show but many a times I used to not get tickets for your movies as they used to run housefull. You were an idol for me and every role of yours is close to my heart."

 

"I know, Luiza. You were one of my biggest fans and hence I'm here today to thank you as it's because of fans like you that I became a star. Thanks a lot for making me what I am." He says while tapping my shoulders with his left hand.

 

"You remember the first time when you came to the court and I met you?" He laughs when I say this and responds while holding my shoulders with both and hands "Of course. I saw you running towards me and among all others who kept shouting my name, you stood silently and offered me a paper to give me autograph while your eyes were still scared of me. I signed it for you then."

 

I smile widely and nod my head saying "Yes, you had written "Love You, Rajesh Khanna" and that day was bliss as I saw my idol before me. The other lawyers rushed towards me and tried to grab that note from me and they succeeded in tearing the paper. I cried and cried for days as that was the only thing I had of you and after that I was left to only talk to your pictures in my room and in my books."

 

"I know Luiza and hence I have brought this for you." It was a bouquet of flowers and a note that read "Love You, Rajesh Khanna". The tears dry up as I see the thing that I always longed for all my life and everytime when I remembered Rajesh, that note used to come in my dreams. "What are you thinking about, Luiza? This is what you wanted from me and here I came to give it to you. Afterall, you are my biggest fan Luiza." I hug him and feel that I've achieved everything in life with this hug. I felt blessed to meet my inspiration, Rajesh Khanna.

 

"Now I need to go, Luiza. I came here to thank you for your love and now I've achieved that with the smile on your face." As he decides to leave, I hold his hand and Rajesh turns behind with his eyes asking me the reason and I say "Before you go, I have a poem written for you:

 

Yeh Raaz nahi hai ki main aapse Amar Prem karti hoon

Is Prem Nagar mein aapko main Aaina mein dekhti hoon

Aap ki Kasam, maine apni Khamoshi se yeh Sacha Jhoota rishta nibhaya

Ek Choti Bahu banke maine is Raaz ko raaz ki tarah sambhala

Is Anand ko main apne Palkon Ki Chaon Mein chupaungi

Aur zindagi ke Safar mein Bandhan nibhaungi

 

Rajesh kisses me on my forehead and leaves the garden leaving behind his footsteps that tell me what a wonderful person he was all his life and the music plays as I notice him vanishing in the fog "Zindagi ka safar, hai yeh kaisa safar...Koi samjha nahi, koi jaana nahi"

 

 

A letter that was saved in my drafts and here's a picture of my first love, Bollywood's first and my only superstar...Rajesh Khanna...





This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment