Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: Learning about Personal Branding at #SMWMumbai Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Learning about Personal Branding at #SMWMumbai

I am really grateful to Blogadda and Kavi for making me aware that we can personally brand ourselves and the tips shared during the Masterclass session was really informative and helpful.


Twitter Handle:

Kavi spoke about how a twitter handle can make us a brand and like I have my twitter handle, people who actually know me by that name and it will be my identity just like a brand has its identity.


How do we define ourselves:

 
Kavi explained how users can be categorized as Prisoners, Holiday, Experts or Explorers and how we can move from one stage to another with the help of personal branding. He gave us an example wherein he heard an individual for 3 hours by hearing a sessions on Youtube and this is the way we as brands express ourselves. He also taught us how we can be purposeful by blogging about one topic that we have chosen to represent ourselves by tweeting or using a hashtag that defines us. He also gave an example of an individual representing his brand by the color and using a particular color for all his work and it was the theme of his website. It made me understand that I can also do the same to choose one theme and just focus on that to get a better identity.


Platforms and their selection:


Kavi spoke about 5 different platforms and them being a part of our branding. Like I connect myself more to twitter than to facebook, I could choose my platform as Twitter and explore my ideas via tweets. It would help me as a brand and as an individual. The main stream of work should be chosen via our platforms.


1:9:90:


This was a very interesting formula given by Kavi wherein he explained how we can identify people as 90% who just consume, 9% who curate and collect information and 1% who create stuff and how we should identify ourselves as to be known better.

Markets are what people are:
Kavi explained how people buy from people and the market is what people are in reality and hence we should build a proposition for ourselves and let our work do the talking. We should also reimagine our work and not stick to rules.


Working out loud:


Kavi introduced this book "Working out loud" by John Stepper and how does this book help in personal branding. It was interesting for my to get to know about this book and it has been added to my reading list already.


Who?


At the end of the session, Kavi explained that we should recognize who are the people who connect with us and they are domain specific, people who we know, people who share and people who respond.


It was overall a great session on Personal Branding with Kavi and Blogadda.

No comments:

Post a Comment