Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: Holi changes our emotions and makes us behave like kids Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Holi changes our emotions and makes us behave like kids


It was the year 2012 when I and my family had just arrived home after a 2-week holiday and Holi was the next day. We were so tired that we did not even think about the festival and wanted to rest for the next 2 days. My kids were also not in a mood to celebrate this festival but my husband went out with his friends as he wanted to meet them and spend some time with them on the occasion of Holi.
It was around 11:00 p.m. and my kids just woke up from their sleep and I continued doing the household chores. I heard a ring and I opened the door seeing that it was my husband ringing the bell. I usually check who is at the door from the peep hole as the kids start throwing color inside the house on that day and make mischief. Seeing that it's my husband, I opened the door and he smiled at me which I felt weird as that was a teasing smile of his and soon came his friends from behind holding buckets of water in their hand and in seconds the water was all over me and on the floor of my house. I was taken by a shock and I could not realize what happened a few seconds back. My husband came inside the house and put color on my face and the kids who had come outside from the bedroom hearing the sound and my scream started laughing and my husband's friends too started throwing water and color on them.

After few minutes, I got so angry watching them playing Holi inside our house but watching their fun, my anger vanished and I found atta on the table and threw it on my husband and his friends as I did not find any color in the house. We started laughing and enjoying the festival for about 30 minutes after which we closed our house and went down to enjoy the festival. My friends gave us sweets and I completely forgot to wash my hands and started eating with the same hands I kept eating and told my kids too to eat as there was no food cooked at home.

That day I realized that Holi is a festival of laughter and love and we completely forget ourselves, whether we are big or small, and we start behaving like kids. It brings us all together and we forget our angry and low moments as it's all eliminated with the water and colors.
Happy Holi!





I’m pledging to #KhulKeKheloHoli this year by sharing my Holi memories atBlogAdda in association with Parachute Advansed.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment