Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: #MemoriesForLife Remembering the day when I was alone Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Thursday 3 March 2016

#MemoriesForLife Remembering the day when I was alone

Message for my cousin: https://memories.hdfclife.com/message/FebtR8lPnCC677ntbkadaw==


My cousin's name is Marie and today with the help of HDFC's memories of life activity, I want to thank her for always being there for me. I and my cousin were of the same age group and we were very close to each other. She used to call me "Lusie" and I used to call her "Mai" and we used to keep playing with each other all day. She got married when she was barely 18 and after her marriage, we lost touch and got busy in our own lives.


When I shifted to the building where my cousin Marie was staying, we were still friends as before but things had changed and we were parents of kids then. We did not get much time to spend with each other but whenever we spent time together, we used to only talk about our families and kids. We were also not so close as we were before and this might be because we were so busy in our own life and we both had so many problems with regards to our financial position that we couldn't get time to talk about our own life.


It was years later when one day I had problems with my family and I stayed alone at home while my kids were with their grand parents. I was feeling too lonely and it was then when Marie came up to me and we spoke to each other for hours. We did not talk about our family or kids but we spoke about those moments we experienced during our childhood and that made me feel so much better. She then invited me for her son's birthday party and I was not in a mood to attend any function as I was already feeling very low due to the events that had taken place in my life. She gave me courage and insisted that I attend the party and to not disappoint her, I attended the function. She and her husband treated me so well that I forgot all my worries and this moment got captured as one of the most special moments in my entire life. I cannot ever forgive her gesture and care she showed towards me when my own family did not support me and for this I am short of words to thank her.
Thank you Marie for whatever you have done for me. For you it must just be a small invite but for me it was a reason for me to feel happy and this would be stored forever in my bank of memories.


Share your #MemoriesForLife like I’ve done at BlogAdda for HDFC Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment